Sending an SMS
a step-by-step guide to sending an SMS.
Messaging > Create Message
1. Locate the 'SMS' tab
Do not send promotional material using a SMS message.
- Who are you sending it to?
- Locate the drop down menu on the left-hand side. Select the publication that you would like to send your message to.
Select between Test Send and Campaign underneath Send Type.
- Are you sending a Test Send?
- Enter the Phone Number you wish to send the test.
- Are you sending a Campaign?
- Choose which segments you would like to include/exclude from the two drop-down menus. The amount of users in each segment is displayed next to the segment's name. Once you have made your selection, click Next.
Choose the Layout you want to use from the drop-down menu.
Choose the Content you want to use from the drop-down menu.
Do you want to schedule your message for a specific date and time, or send it immediately?**
- If you would like to schedule your message for a specific date and time, select Schedule and enter the time/date in the input field under Send Time. Otherwise, select Immediately.
Finalize your Subject Line
Select the Sender and Reply address you want for your message using the drop-down menu.
Finalize your content using the content editor window and click Next.
Review your message details. Click Previous to edit earlier steps within the Create Message Tool. When you are satisfied with your message, Click Send.
Updated over 3 years ago